- Coachella Valley Awash in Fuzzy Yellow Tennis Balls
- Has Sharapova’s Time Been Well Served?
- Say Hello to Kayla Day
- Changes on Horizon for Davis Cup … Hopefully
- Venus Ebony Starr Williams Back in California Desert
- Federer Beats Nadal Again, Faces Kyrgios Today
- All Swiss Final in Indian Wells
- Roger Federer Wins Indian Wells Fifth Title
The BNP Paribas Open runs March 5 through March 19, 2017, at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden, Indian Wells, Calif. It is a Masters 1000 tournament for the men and a Premier event for the women. Attendance is mandatory for all players. The total purse for women is $6,993,450, according to the WTA. For men, it is $7,913,405, according to the ATP. This tournament is considered the largest combined tournament in the world and sits just below the Grand Slams in its popularity and size. The men’s and the women’s singles champions earn $1,028,300. Finalists pocket $501,815.